City Planning staff hit the streets in Fall 2017/Winter 2018 to meet with neighborhood associations about first steps for implementation of Portland’s Plan 2030.
These Community Conversations were opportunities for staff to provide an overview of the new comprehensive plan and to hear from residents about how it might translate into new zoning and land use regulations.
The following neighborhood organizations took the time to host Planning staff in recent months:
· Back Cove Neighborhood Association
· Bayside Neighborhood Association
· Deering Center Neighborhood Association
· East Bayside Neighborhood Association
· India Street Neighborhood Association
· Libbytown Neighborhood Association
· Munjoy Hill Neighborhood Organization
· North Deering Neighborhood Association
· Parkside Neighborhood Association
· Peaks Island Council
· St. John Valley Neighborhood Association
· Stroudwater Village Association
· West End Neighborhood Association
· Western Promenade Neighborhood Association
· Woodfords-Oakdale Neighborhood Association
A second round of Community Conversations will be scheduled when the first phase of ReCode Portland is unrolled.
Watch this space for additional opportunities for citizen participation in the coming year. In addition to events to learn more and comment on the process, draft documents will be posted for review as they become available.
Planning staff is also happy to meet with other residents, organizations, and other stakeholders about this project on request. To find out more or to schedule a meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 207-874-8608.